Swedish is my native language.
Examples of freelance translation work from English into Swedish that I’ve done:
- Translation of a law firm’s articles of association
- Translation of a multinational corporation’s Integrity & Ethics policy
- Translation of marketing material for a wide variety of products, including consumer electronics and numerous smaller PC titles and mobile games
- Software translation of a mid-size PC game, with a major publisher as the final client
- Translation of letters to a multinational company, with an investment development organization tied to a major high-tech industrial city as the final client
I’ve also done proofreading work of various kinds:
- Proofreading of marketing material, academic papers, letters to retailers, in-store ads, in-game strings, manuals…
What I bring to the table is this: I tell stories. I’ve told them since I was 15 years old. I’ve told them in both English and Swedish, as short stories and as scripts for game projects, short film and audio drama. But I consider the marketing for my IT support services to be storytelling as well. The story of how I convert your machines to work with you instead of against you.
I am entertained by stories not simply for their content but to examine and be delighted by the art and craftsmanship itself – and I’m convinced the translations I deliver are better for it.
It’s why I go the extra mile. To bring form, culture and accuracy together in one package.
And it’s the reason you’ll hire me.
Contact me today with a short description of your project and I’ll get back to you within 24 hours with a quote (usually much faster).